Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I need help with my anxiety disorders and depressive disorder?

Since late 2008, I've had severe anxiety, first about school, and then I started worrying about everything (GAD), and then it went downhill from their. I started becoming obsessive compulsive over my anxiety, I would keep repeating things, and checking their in order, and I was always in the general feeling that If I didn't do something, something bad would happen. Then I remember the anxiety got so severe in early 2009, that I couldn't sleep and lost interest in everything I did. About a year ago, I saw a psychiatrist and he put me on prozac, which till now doesn't help me much, but helps me more with depression. Basically, the anxiety was so severe that I kept having flashbacks, and worrying about everything. After a few months, July/ august 2009, I was very depressed, and anxious and the way I was living was horrible. As I got back to school in september I couldn't hide it anymore. The anxiety, and depression was so severe, I started getting bad marks in school, and I wouldn't talk to people anymore. In november, I was sent to the mental hospital till january, had an essment done (disgnosed with clincal anxiety and depression), and had some meds changed, but still I was living pretty bad. Two weeks later I started CBT, and I finished like a week ago, and I feel a but better. If i'm in a stressful situation, I can do the whole CBT procedure in my head and reduce the anxiety, but theirs still a constant feeling of anxiety and depression, even thought I try not to follow through on compulsive behaviors, and rethink whatever i worry about. I saw my psychyatrist 17 days ago, and she gave me .5mg ativan, in addition to 150mg seroquel xr, and 50mg prozac to get me through the school year. She said that she will give me 30 0.5mg ativan pills to take 1 a day or whenever I need it. So far, I've only taken 2 pills, and I try to avoid taking it, and she told me she doesn't like to change meds before the end of the school year. So I made an appointment after my exams to get my meds changed, because prozac doesn't help me much, and seroquel calms me down a bit, but I'm doing everything I can, and I'm still having a difficult time. I've made myself more social, and am following a structured schedule on a daily basis, but I've made myself function a lot better. I'm just hoping that the meds can help me more. So what would you think would help? I've been on prozac, seroquel, risperdal, zyprexa, inderal, and klonopin, and yet nothing has really helped me. I was think of a new antidepressent like effexor xr, lexapro, celexa or anything like that. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment